Beef Tip Gravy

I'm always looking for recipes to use Stew meat in.   This recipe called for 90 mins of simmering, I did simmered about 10-15 mins on the stove and the meat turned out great. (A steak texture rather than falling apart stew meat.) So, take your pick according to how much time you have. If I were to actually simmer the 90 mins. I'd change this to a crockpot recipe and let it sit at low for a few hours. 

1/2 onion chopped
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
2 Tb oil
Cook about 3-5 minutes, until meat is browned and oinions are translucent. 
2 cups water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
Bring to a boil and simmer.  (90 mins= stew meat, 10-15 mins = steak)

Combine :
1 cup water & 1 packet dry brown gravy mix. 
Add into the meat mixture.  Bring  to a boil until slightly thickened. 

I served it over potatoes that had been cubed, boiled, and slightly mashed with a fork. 
Great hometown meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment